Reading Women (2012 - 2013), Carrie Schneider
- Rena reading Zadie Smith, Megha reading Edith Wharton.
- Flávia reading Clarice Lispector, Bianca reading Sylvia Plath.
- Evan reading Anne Lamott, Aura reading Maarit Verronen.
- Sara reading Miranda July, Sheree reading Angela Carter.
- Hsiao-Jou reading Fang-Yi Sheu, Heather reading Chris Kraus.
- Cauleen reading Gwendolyn Brooks, Molly reading Roseanne Barr.
- Sarah reading Zora Neale Hurston, Vicky reading Gloria Fuertes.
- Alyssa reading Patti Smith, Yala reading Susan Sontag.
- Whitney reading Terry Tempest Williams, Naomi reading Adrian Piper.
- Kelly reading Gabrielle Hamilton, Amy reading Michelle Cliff.
Let’s admit at this point the Ancient Greeks and the Renaissance Italians would FLIP.THEIR.SHIT over street art. Bernini would have entire blocks of cities painted to a centralized theme converging on one building. Michelangelo would cover entire banks in paintings of men’s ankles. Leonardo would have geometric whiplash all over the place. They would carve marble statues and incorporate those statues into the design of the graffiti.
It is utter nonsense to have cities full of grey rectangles and boxes and yet to maintain a social attitude that street art and graffiti creates a distasteful environment.
And I know fuck is a bad word, but it sounds so good. Good like flipping off the preacher whenever he forgets that Eve was Adam’s teacher.
‘Cause apples are fucking healthy, you patriarchial piece of shit.
If I were a cat, I would probably be this one
I can’t stop laughing.